Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 97

Thread: Pound Coach Resigned

  1. #71
    Inactive Member yankeebaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pound Coach Resigned

    lol, must have.
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

  2. #72
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pound Coach Resigned

    I think that was 88 Rock. It seems like it was Bob's second year also.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  3. #73
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pound Coach Resigned

    That was 1985 when PV won state and their only loss was pound...score at PV was like 6-2...In 89 they came close to doin it again in a mudhole...but I think they were like -53 yards rushing...had one big play right before the half...it went out PV 12-7
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  4. #74
    Inactive Member imported_UKCats1's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2004
    Posts
    607
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pound Coach Resigned

    85 is when they beat us at PV for our only loss that year. I was a sophomore on that team.
    [url="http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg"]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg[/url]

  5. #75
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pound Coach Resigned

    88 team had some talent. 89 team, only seniors were Brian Hess, Tim Stanley, Russ Fleming, Mike Lawrence, Stratton Mullins, Ronnie Culbertson, and I think thats it (maybe missing one).

    88 team had Hoop, Grillo, etc if I'm thinking right.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  6. #76
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pound Coach Resigned

    You may be right, I tried to look it up earlier and it appears it was 88. My brain is getting loopy.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  7. #77
    Inactive Member imported_VHSLhelper's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2005
    Posts
    883
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pound Coach Resigned

    Aphro & elpn,

    Afraid I'm going to have to argue some points here.

    One of you says Gate City has 465, the other says 404. I find this shocking, considering they had 599 just 19 months ago... can't see them losing 135 or 195 students is that short a period.
    That's the prob. with using numbers that are pulled from just anywhere - not only can they be off, but they can be wrong. I'd bet that GC will still be closer to 600 than 4-something when the latest numbers are released in a couple of weeks. I'd also bet that GC 9th graders don't have homerooms at the high school.

    Now, what's this about VHSL numbers being argued? I don't think you can argue with what's official. Numbers that are put on web sites and in books don't have to have a method behind them or an explaination...VHSL numbers do.

    Schools submit ADM (Avg. Daily Membership) numbers in Sept. & March to the Va. Dept. of Education so the DoE can determine how much funding each school gets. Those numbers are forwarded to the VHSL. This way, every school in the state counts students the same way and no "fudging" can be alleged.

  8. #78
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pound Coach Resigned

    There is more than one thread on the sports forum that has the most current numbers from the VHSL website...and neither set of the numbers on this thread are even close. You can find them in the threads about football divisions.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  9. #79
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pound Coach Resigned

    The ones Aphrodite had came from VHSL.
    The ones I had came from sites listing it as 2006 numbers, and yes it does include 9th grade for GCHS.
    And from the varying (recent) sites between the two of us the numbers are surprisingly similar. I'd be more inclined to believe whats in black and white in multiple locations over someone's "I'd bet" estimate.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  10. #80
    Inactive Member imported_VHSLhelper's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2005
    Posts
    883
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pound Coach Resigned

    Well, we'll see in a couple of weeks when the current numbers are released.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •